Our very own CC choir have recorded “Carol of the Bells!” They are competing in the “Choirs for Christmas” competition in association with RTÉ Lyric FM. Entries will be chosen for airplay from the 8th of December and will be in with a chance of winning €500. Short-listed choirs may be selected to participate in a recording session with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra. The overall winner will be announced on air on December 23rd.
We all wish our choir and their conductor Ms. Davina Noonan the best of luck!!
Well done to our school choir who sang a medley of Christmas carols in the Crescent Shopping centre today! They raised funds for a worthy cause under the direction of Ms. Davina Noonan!!
Christmas Rehearsal Schedule- The Wiz
Wednesday 21st December – Everybody to return sponsor cards with money to Mr. Hanley
- Draw for prices will take place Wednesday evening.
Friday 30th December – Full dance rehearsal with Barbara in school from 11am to 4pm.
- If there is a number of you living close to each other be sure and talk about car pooling if needed so that everyone can find their way out to the school.
Wednesday 4th January - All leads in school from 11-3 with Des. NO BUSES!!
Friday 6th January - Full cast rehearsal with Noel Lennon in school from 10am to 3pm.
- NOTE: There will be buses running as normal for the musical that day so cast members are asked to be at their stops before the allocated time to avoid delays etc.
- Once again, it is VITAL that ALL cast members attend this rehearsal as it is the ONLY singing rehearsal during the holidays.
NOTE: All cast members should be conscious of a couple of things:
1. The show is on in the concert hall on the 26th and 27th of January so time is running out fast!!!
2. Keep an eye on the Facebook page and website for details as Karla will be updating it on a regular basis.
3. Every cast members should spend a significant amount of time learning lines, practicing dances etc. at home over the Christmas.
4. All cast members need to be on the lookout for whatever costume needs you have been told about.
5. When we arrive back to school in January we will be a mere 2 full weeks away from moving out to the concert hall so please put the effort in over the Christmas!!
6. Tickets for the show will go on sale the first week back in January and all cast members will need to email me the number of tickets you will be purchasing so I can reserve seating for you.
7. Finally, well done so far and enjoy your Christmas!!
Tickets for our annual school musical will be available from Wednesday 11th January 2012 in M3 from 1pm and everyday at this time for the coming weeks. Tickets can also be purchased from the office.